Amz Guidelines to Cleaning Procedures to help prevent the spread of COVID-19
With everything going on around the Coronavirus (Covid-19), and the states and nation beginning to reopen we have added additional procedures for our housekeepers to follow when cleaning our vacation rentals. The safety of our housekeepers, guests, owners, and the public are our top priority. To assist in the preventing the spread of the Coronavirus (Covid-19) Amz Getaways will be using a EPA approved hospital grade disinfectant approved to combat the SARS-COVID-19 in addition to enhanced cleaning procedures. This disinfectant called Vital Oxide can be applied to all surfaces and is safe and unscented.
We’ve put together some guidelines we’ve instructed our housekeepers to put in action based on the recommendations of the CDC, and other leaders in our industry.
Amz’s Cleaning guidelines
Amz is offering some guidelines to follow when we are cleaning the properties in between stays.
1. When available our cleaners will wear disposable gear while cleaning. Personal protective items like gloves and face masks or cloth facial coverings will provide additional protection. Making sure to dispose the PPE out after each cleaning and then immediately and thoroughly wash their hands.
2. Instructing our cleaners to ventilate rooms before they clean. Amz Getaways is requesting our housekeepers and owners allow fresh air to circulate in our properties and if possible, leave all windows open during the entire cleaning process.
3. Encourage frequent hand washing thoroughly before and after each cleaning, or glove change. As we’ve all heard we ask them to use soap and water, and wash for at least 20 seconds. If that’s not possible, use a hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
4. We request that they clean, then disinfect. Using household and commercial grade cleaners, detergents, or soap and water to remove dirt, grease, dust, and germs. Once this has been done the property will be disinfected with the approved disinfectant Vital Oxide using a sprayer and electrostatic sprayer to distribute the product.
5. Using the right disinfectants. We are paying special attention to frequently touched surfaces, like lamp and ceiling fan chains, light switches, doorknobs, remote controls, and faucet handles. (See our full list of surfaces we aim to disinfect further in this guideline.)
6. We will also address the sofas, rugs, drapes, and other soft, porous surfaces. Carefully clean then disinfect with the appropriate cleaners indicated for use on these surfaces. If possible, machine-wash items according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
7. We’ve instructed our team to wash all linens at the highest heat setting recommended. This includes washing the bed sheets, mattress covers, hand and bath towels, kitchen towels, and blankets. Applying a disinfectant to the surfaces while the linens are being washed. Our housekeepers are instructed to wear gloves when handling dirty laundry, and take care to avoid shaking laundry.
8. Empty the vacuum cleaner after every cleaning. Amz Getaways team members should wipe down the vacuum cleaner with disinfectant, along with appliances like the dishwasher and washing machine.
Amz Getaways is committed to helping guests protect themselves although we have had this in place for many years, but want to help encourage social distancing by continuing to offer self check-in and checkout using key lock boxes and smart locks with a keypad.
Checklist of items to clean and disinfect:
- Light switches
- Remote controls
- Fan and lamp chains
- Window sills and window handles
- Lock boxes
- Ironing boards and irons
- Garbage and recycling bins
- Cabinet handles and pulls
- Appliances: oven, toaster, pressure cooker, coffee maker, etc.
- Appliance Handles
- Hard-backed chairs
- Faucet handles
- Showers and tubs
- Shower doors
- Shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and soap dispensers
- Hangers and luggage racks
- Vacuum cleaners
- Washer/dryer units
- Portable cribs and playpens
- High chairs
- Foosball Tables
- Pool Tables/Cues/Balls
- Other Gaming Tables
*This content is based on publicly available information from the CDC and other resources. The CDC does not endorse this content or Amz Getaways. Amz Getaways makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability, or availability with respect to this content provided for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
A message from Amz Getaways
In the past few weeks, it’s becoming clear that the world is facing an unprecedented challenge. We are deeply concerned and want to do what we can to help keep our communities and our families safe and healthy. On behalf of Amz Getaways, we wanted to send a personal note to you to let you know how we are responding to the situation. We are humbled by your loyalty, and we take our responsibility to the safety and health of our guests, our employees, and our owners very seriously.
What We Are Doing:
- We are not taking reservations from guests from China, South Korea, Japan, Italy, and other areas with travel restrictions in place.
- As always, we are committed to upholding the highest standard of cleanliness by continuing to work closely with our cleaners. Amz Getaways has shared best practices and the latest products that may be useful to combat the spread of COVID-19, and we have also provided our cleaners with updated sanitation guidelines.
- We are introducing rigorous additional cleaning procedures, and have a number of sanitizing products, hand soaps, and other cleaning products available at many of our already impeccably cleaned vacation rentals. All rentals have additional measures in place and our standard procedures are being reemphasized with team members to including wiping down the commonly touched items with sanitizing wipes.
- When visiting our rentals or in general we also ask that you help us by maintaining the hygiene guidelines provided by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
At Amz Getaways we recognize this is a challenging time for all, and we remain deeply committed to the safety of our guests, team, and community. Our guests are the heart of our company and we look forward to welcoming and serving you whenever you choose to stay with us.